Mark Brandon is a DIY builder who has plenty of experience in home renovation and inspection. He loves to share his knowledge and expertise to people through blogs. He leads the content team at Safe and Sound Property Inspections. He shares in this article 7 smart ways to improve your home using paint.
If you are reading this blog, chances are you may be one of the many people who had been living in old homes and you are looking for ways to improve the look-and-feel of your house but don’t have the luxury of a huge budget. Well, there is good news for you. You have a best friend to help you achieve your renovation goals without spending a lot of money.
Yes, paint is your best friend when it comes to affordable renovation projects. There are plenty of ways you can use paint to transform the look of your old home. You don’t need to spend tons of cash on new furniture and fixture. If you have the right attitude, then you can be successful with your home improvement project even on a tight budget.
Here are 7 smart ways to improve your home using paint:
- Refresh your house by painting old wooden trims. – Although you will need to have a lot of patience and a really great attitude to finish this task but the results are greatly rewarding. Painting trims could take a while to get done. The intricate details make it a very tedious job.
- You can use paint on your tiled countertops, sinks and tubs. – Yes, you heard it right. There is a special type of paint made for these tiles. You just have to ask the clerk at your local paint store. It’s a lot cheaper than installing a whole new countertop.
- Transform old furniture with a new coat of paint. – You don’t need to throw away your old furniture if it’s still functional. All you need is a can of paint to make them look brand new. It’s definitely much cheaper than buying a whole replacement set.
- Update old metallic fixtures with the right spray paint. – Most old houses have plenty of these brass objects in the house. Because they wouldn’t look good in your modern home, you would want to get rid of them. A whole new piece of door knobs can be quite expensive. You can save a lot on your budget with just the right spray paint.
Another way to use spray paint for your home improvement project is with light fixtures. Brand new chandeliers and other light fixtures are quite expensive. Although you can get these cheap at the thrift store but they would look old. You would want to give a new look to these old fixtures and you can do this using a good spray paint.
- Clean dirty tile grouts with a coat of paint. – You cannot totally remove the dirt stuck on tile grouts but with a small coat of paint, you can conceal the stubborn dirt to make your tiled floors look clean.
- You can also paint outdated bathroom fixtures. – You don’t need to spend a lot of money replacing furniture and fixture to improve your old home. As long as it is still functional, it would be unreasonable to get rid of these fixtures. Just give it a good makeover with a brand new coat of paint.
- Add some accent to your wall with different colours of paint. – Accent walls can enhance the furniture you already have in a room. You don’t really need lots of fixture to create an accent wall. All you need to do is play with different colours of paint. You can create a striped accent with two matching colours of paint.
Who would have thought that paint is the solution to affordable home renovation? Yes, paint is indeed your best friend to improving your home. All you need is a little creative genius to give your old house that cheap yet fabulous makeover.
Author: Mark Brandon
Mark Brandon is a DIY builder who has plenty of experience in home renovation and inspection. He loves to share his knowledge and expertise to people through blogs. He leads the content team at Safe and Sound Property Inspections.